All categories are filled for 2023! We are excited! Try again in 2024!
Are you a master at putting puzzles together? Then this is an event for you! Grab your friends or come with your family for a dueling puzzle competition.
Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 teams in each category to complete their 500 piece puzzle in the time slot.
The puzzle is manufactured by the company behind PuzzleTwist® branded jigsaw puzzles and will be a special keepsake! The competition will be split into five divisions over four time slots – 4 people per team:
TO REGISTER: Click on the bracket below and that will take you to the form.
Adult 1 and Experts FILLED
Adult 2 FILLED
Adult 3 FILLED
Family With Children and Adult 4 FILLED
Check-in opens at 8 a.m. Onsite registration will also be available as space allows.
2023 In-Person Event:
Our puzzle contest will take place on Saturday, January 28th, 2023, at the Landmark Center in Downtown Saint Paul.
The contest will feature four divisions:
- Adult 1 and Experts FILLED
- Adult 2 FILLED
- Adult 3 FILLED
- Family With Child(ren) and Adult 4 (happening simultaneously but separately) FILLED
Teams are made up of four individuals, and the cost to participate per team is $60. Sign up early as this event sells out! Spots are reduced per division once again. Our expert division features top-placing finishers from previous Winter Carnival Puzzle Contests who have been personally invited to join us again. See schedule below.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 28, 2023 – The Landmark Center
8:00 AM – Adult 1 Experts Check in
8:30 AM – Adult 1 Experts Begins
10:00 AM – Adult 1 Experts Ends
10:00 AM – Adult 2 Check in
10:30 AM – Adult 2 Begins
12:30 PM – Adult 2 ends
12:30 PM – Adult 3 Check in
1:00 PM – Adult 3 Begins
3:00 PM – Adult 3 Ends
3:00 PM – Family With Child(ren) and Adult 4 Check in
3:30 PM – Family With Child(ren) and Adult 4 Begins
5:30 PM – Family With Child(ren) and Adult 4 Ends
In-Person Rules & Regulations:
Registration will be held on the North entrance of the building (closest to EcoLab) where there is extra space.~ Only one team member needs to stand in line to register.
- Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on, and more copies of the 2023 puzzle PLUS other puzzles from PuzzleTwist® will also be available for purchase after the event.
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams in all brackets.
~ There will be extra puzzling opportunities held upstairs to extend your puzzling fun!~ Bring your old puzzles to exchange in the puzzle swap!~ PuzzleTwist will have MANY puzzles for sale!~ We are hoping to have concessions for sale near the Cortile.**The same Puzzle will be used for all competitions**
Prizes Provided By: