- This event has passed.
Winter Carnival Puzzle Contest, Presented by PuzzleTwist
Saturday, Jan 28 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Do you love jigsaw puzzles? Then this is the event for you! Grab your friends or come with your family for a fun and lively puzzle competition!
2024 In-Person Event:
Our puzzle contest will take place on Saturday, January 27th, 2024, at our NEW location, the Union Depot in Downtown Saint Paul. The Depot has plenty of parking and is located on the light rail Green line for easy access. For teams visiting from out of the town, the Hyatt Place Hotel is right next door.
The competition will feature four divisions:
- 500 piece puzzle (for those wanting a traditional contest) – Four person teams – $60/team
- Pairs 500 piece – Two person teams – $40/team
- Family With Child(ren) – Four person teams. Participants do not have to be related, the only requirement is that at least one team member be under 18 years old (happening simultaneously with pairs but separate) – $60/team
- 1000 piece puzzle (for experts, those wishing for a challenge or those wanting a longer puzzle experience) – $60/team
Prizes will be awarded to the first 6 teams to complete their puzzle in the 500 piece, 1000 piece and pairs divisions. Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 teams in the Family division.
The puzzles are manufactured by PuzzleTwist® branded jigsaw puzzles and will be a special keepsake! All three puzzles used will be making their debut at the 2024 Winter Carnival Competition! There will be four different divisions over three time slots. Each time slot features a different puzzle so you may sign up for multiple divisions (Note: Family and pairs will run concurrently, so you would need to opt for only one of those in that time slot).
Sign up early as this event sells out! You may sign up for more than one division. See schedule below.
TO REGISTER: Click on the contest below beginning on October 1 at 10 am CST and that will take you to the form.
(Onsite registration will also be available as space allows.)
- 500 Piece Puzzle – 4 person team
- Pairs 500 Piece Puzzle – 2 person team
- Family With Child(ren) 500 piece puzzle – 4 person team
- 1000 Piece Puzzle – 4 person team
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 27, 2024 – The Saint Paul Union Depot
8:00 AM – 500 Piece Contest Check in
8:30 AM – 500 Piece Contest Begins
10:30 AM – 500 Piece Contest Ends
10:30 AM – Pairs and Family Contests Check in
11:15 AM – Pairs and Family Contests Begin
1:15 PM – Pairs and Family Contests Ends
1:15 PM – 1000 Piece Contest Check in
2:00 PM – 1000 Piece Contest Begins
5:00 PM – 1000 Piece Contest Ends
In-Person Rules & Regulations:
- Check-in will be inside the 4th Street (North) entrance of the building (closest to the light rail.) Only one team member needs to stand in line to register.
- Seating begins 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of the contest. No early seating will be allowed.
- Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on. More copies of the 2024 puzzles PLUS other puzzles from PuzzleTwist® will also be available for purchase during the event.
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones.
- Use of table risers is not permitted and is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 6 teams in all brackets except family division with prizes awarded to the top 3 teams.
There will be extra puzzling opportunities held to extend your puzzling fun!
Bring your gently used puzzles to exchange in the puzzle swap!
~ PLUS PuzzleTwist® will have MANY awesome puzzles for sale!
Concessions for sale from Deb’s Hot Dogs and coffee available from Lowertown Bike & Coffee Shop. There are also several restaurants in the area including Station 81 located inside the Union Depot.
Prizes Provided By: